I believe that creativity is therapeutic, and it is part of who we are. Creativity is a gift from God, and it can change your life.
Art Is An Escape
I truly believe that art is so much more than home decor. It is a much needed escape from the chaos of life. Art is a spark of joy in a world of unpredictable events. It is sometimes the life line that holds us when we feel like nothing in our lives is going the way we thought it would. Aside from my deeply rooted faith in God, art is a necessity to keep my sanity on this side of Heaven.
It’s really accidental (or possibly providential) how art came into my life (you can read about that here: ABOUT ME), but I’ve learned so much in the past years because I have allowed it in. I’ve created a new way of life for myself without even realizing it, and it’s all because I picked up a paint brush and gave myself a creative outlet. I have found art to be helpful to me in so many ways. I sat down and typed out a few words from my heart about what art has done for me, and what it can do for you.
Here’s my list.
- Give you permission to be yourself and find your identity outside of other people
- Force you to learn to say no or say yes to things….it makes you prioritize your life
- Help you to be brave in making choices that are hard and lower your anxiety levels
- Allow you to be kind to others by sharing your art or teaching them to create their own
- Help you see beauty in ordinary things
- Encourage you to live purposefully
- Give you a boost in self confidence when you create something that brings joy to someone else
- Show you how to be kind to yourself, be a little messy, and let go of things that you cannot control
- Motivate you to do things you never dreamed of before
- Encourage you when you need that extra little boost
My hope and prayer is that you will be inspired, motivated, and encouraged by my experience and see creativity for what it really is….a life changing gift.
I feel like this topic is a discussion that I will never fully finish and will always want to talk about with others. Do you find that art and creativity in general helps you? How? I’d love to hear from you!
Here’s a time lapse video of me creating this inspirational girl. Hope you enjoy!